Saturday, December 25, 2021

Merry Christmas

I told hubby this will be the first Christmas in over 32 years that we have been alone. Wow. A quiet Christmas, we are true empty nesters. We had a stream of visitors in Oct/Nov/Dec and I was overjoyed to see my sons, daughter-in-law, sister, B-I-L. So I didn't feel the need to be with family on Christmas. Until now. Luckily, neighbors invited us to dinner last night on Christmas eve for beef fondue (in broth). A real Swiss treat with all the home made sauces and salads (carrot and celery), very unique. Decided we should follow our Christmas traditions even though we didn't get a tree. Making pancakes and sausages for breakfast and I bought 4 loin lamb chops for dinner. The market was beginning to bustle Thursday afternoon for day before Christmas eve shopping. The butcher posted his holiday hours. Big line already the next day. I made the cookies Grandma loved (pecan crescent) + as usual they came out terrible but I ate them anyway, still having trouble converting F to C and ounces to grams. Stress free Christmas, no shopping, cooking, cleaning, organizing but all alone. Would I trade it for a hectic harried holiday with a full house? I'll have to tell you tomorrow. Merry Christmas.

No comments: