Thursday, September 16, 2021

There's a Hole in my Heart

 I knew what was going on as soon as it happened.  My engagement ring slipped off in Lake Geneva.  Its gone.  Its been a part of me for 33 years, more than half my life.  On my hand, never taken off, not to swim or sleep, fits perfectly never even occurred to me that it could slip off.

When we got engaged I decided if I couldn't have a ROCK of an engagement ring I didn't want that style.  Opted for this "anniversary ring" style instead and wore it without the wedding band which just seemed "too much" to wear together.

Recent photo with ring in Switzerland

As my sister said-its a thing, not a person.  Would be much worse if I lost a person.  I had googles on and searched for about 20 minutes.  Nothing.  My heart aches and my finger feels naked.  I keep using my thumb to adjust my ring up but its not there.

another view lost ring

Rediscovered the good in people though.  There's a diving school next to the lake a nice man put on his scuba gear + oxygen tank and searched for almost half an hour.  Restored my faith in humanity.


Occasionally wore it with My Mom's mystery ring, now worn proudly by my daughter-in-law

The good news is my son will bring my wedding band soon.   It'll be my replacement now which makes me happy. 



No comments: