Sunday, March 25, 2018

I Secretly Fantasize About Throwing Away My Husband's Junk

Honey, aren't you supposed to go to Home Depot to buy x, y, z?  Oh and can you stop by the Asian Grocery Store to pick up some a, b, c?

Good! That gives me an hour and a half (maybe two) to dump your junk.  I can get the bicycle rims and the pieces of wood and other assorted tools bought, traded, taken, but never used.  Dear brother-in-law is famous for bringing over electronic items destined to sit in the dusty basement junkyard.

Once he went away for the weekend and I got rid of some big items, a Sears workbench (give away in the Community Forum to a grateful lady-good!  Let someone else put it to use).

I've once tried to calculate how many hours it would take to get rid of all the unused junk.  Probably months.  Funny thing is he's never noticed.  How long can this last?

1 comment:

Killifish said...

Oh boy can I relate!!! I stash stuff in the trunk of my car to dropoff at Goodwill later. But the garage is his and I just don't look in there. Although I do wish I could put my car in it.....