Monday, June 13, 2022

The Camels! Our Marrakech trip continues

Drove to the Sahara desert. Yes the Sahara desert. Have you ever been to the desert before?

Got there just before 6 pm & the others at our lodge were already in the sand dunes.

I was scared to death. Luckily our guide was really good with us and with taking pictures!



We really only rode for 10 minutes. Could still see the camp ground from where we were 


I took off my shoes & walked in the sand. Tricky!





Luckily. Family from the Netherlands warned us how windy it is in the tent. Was scared to death. Literally thought I’d be blown away in my sleep.  David said to keep our day clothes on in case we had to run. 

The next day we were supposed to get up at 5:30 AM, ride camels again along the sunrise. It was so windy that never happened. We left the camp around 9 AM so it was quite a quick trip there. I wish I could have walked in the sand one more time.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Looks amazing! How comfortable were the camels to ride?

Anonymous said...

It was a short ride. Scary but comfortable. Because of
My knees the guide had to help me up.