Saturday, August 7, 2021

Swiss National Day 1 August 2021

Quick note to let you know I celebrated my first Swiss National Day, similar to American Independence Day.  This is the anniversary of the Swiss Federal Charter, founded in 1291.

Our neighbor walked with us to the local alpine horn celebration.  Flag throwing reminded me of the GL Marching band.  These horns don't have any holes nor places to change notes, all controlled by voice/throat/lungs.  The music was somewhat somber but what an experience!  The horns are so big a man almost got hit as the band marched in.





See the building in the back?  We looked at an apt there w/ 1/2 view of lake (gorgeous), 1/2 view of gas station (ugly).
Dahlia festival, just beautiful.  You can buy the tubes at the end of the season!

It was a big day for me.  That morning I took a paddle boarding lesson.  Was so happy I was able to do it!

This isn't me, but this is where I learned

Small board, 2nd from right was the one I learned on





No comments: