Wednesday, March 27, 2024

NYC Subways Nowadays


Lately I've noticed that 25% of all men jump the turnstyle.  Why do you do this?  Pay your fare.  Yes, women do it too but rarely do I see women.

Recently at Canal Street I saw a father and two sons (late teens/early 20's) jump the turnstyle.  Then ask an agent for directions down on the platform.  I felt like telling the agent not to help them.  Another time a young man jumped the turnstyle, then asked me which way is uptown.  I ignored him.  Felt like spitting on him.  But what would happen if he spit back at me?  Would we get into a spitting contest?  I'm not a good spitter.  Once as a teen, I spit out the car window and it stayed on the window, wind and motion dragging it away as we blew down the LIE.  

Parents, teach your children to be honest and pay their fare.  Its stealing.  

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That father taught his sons how to do it
And
That it’s ok to do it. Ugh

Anonymous said...

I hate that people are just walking into stores and grabbing goods and walking out then the stores don’t do anything. So wrong. Not like they are stealing to feed themselves or out of desperation.

Anonymous said...

I agree! I’ve seen people go through the exit door to leave the station only to have others enter, without paying, right in front of MTA officers!!! It’s crazy. These little infractions can bring down a society.