Sunday, October 8, 2023

My Wish for Cecelia


They say that your hopes & dreams lie in the next generation.  I have so many wishes & dreams for my beautiful granddaughter.  But first I'll let you in on a little secret.  Every time I wish upon a star, or blow out those candles, or break a chicken wish-bone I wish for the same thing.  But it never comes true.  I wish for Peace on Earth.  Why doesn't it come true?

Is it because people don't want peace?  Or do we already have peace and don't know it?  I wish Cecelia lives in a world of peace.  A world that still has water.  Cecelia, be eternally optimistic and see the good in people.  Be hopelessly naive and happy.  Its better than being an asshole.  

You are a child of the Universe no less than the trees and stars. Keep peace with your soul.  With all its sham and drudgery & broken dreams, the world is still a beautiful place.  Strive to be happy.


Desiderata

4 comments:

rubygott said...

Congrats on your new addition. Very exciting.
Wishing today especially for a world at peace.

Anonymous said...

🙏🏾❤️💕

Julie T. Chan said...

Ruby, my sentiments and thoughts exactly.

Evelyn Wang said...

What a little beauty!