Sunday, November 4, 2018

Bayon Temple, Angkor Thom-my Favorite

After we visited the famous Angkor Wat we visited what I thought was the more impressive Bayon Temple.  Bayon Temple has 54 towers representing the 54 provinces of Cambodia.  Its very sad, other countries (see below Japan) have helped Cambodia clear mines from the surrounding land.  War with other countries & civil war left many mines, killing many over hundreds of years.  Without help from other countries to restore the temples, they would have been left as over-grown deserted stones.


This represents a famous king dying and going to Nirvana.  No more life cycle of reincarnation as another being.  No more suffering,


Moon explained the story on the walls.  He even said this is the story of China coming to Thailand.  They even have slanty eyes like you David.




Oh we had so much fun! Especially with the dumb elephant pants which turned out to be very hot.












Always time for one last selfie.


2 comments:

Jun Judy Eng said...

Love you and David, in your travels. I have finally accepted my life without WF, and so very blessed with Janet's care,and the boys' love. Your life is amazing. I am so proud of you....Love, Auntie Jinny

modernchineseamericanwoman said...

Aunty Jinny - I love you too. You are like a mother to me, you are so special to me.
Julie