Sunday, April 29, 2018

Fate

Do you believe in fate?  Or magic?  Or just plan technology?
I locked myself out of a rental car [rental car story for another day].  Was so impressed with myself that I had all my work clothes with me to go straight from PT to work.  Dressed, gathering bags up in the Summit Medical Group women's room and had that oh shit moment.  My keys are locked in the stupid rental car.  What should I do?  Call David?  Call Enterprise?  Call a locksmith?

Told the receptionist and asked her if security could help me.  Just then another old lady walked by and said "is your car a new car?" I had no idea.  It didn't look new.  "Does it have an automatic push button starter?  If yes, it doesn't lock if you leave the keys in the car."  Don't worry she said.

"How does it know I left my keys in the car?" I said.

Another old lady said, "technology"!

Sure enough I held my breadth as I pulled the door open.  YES!  It opened. How could it be this technology exists and I've never heard of it? Is it magic?  Fate?  Technology?  Or a combination of all? 

No comments: