Saturday, July 2, 2022

Cinque Terra June 2022

Did you ever have an image in your mind and want to go to that place so badly just because of that beautiful picture in your head? We were lucky enough to visit Cinque Terre and believe me that image in my mind was the picture perfect scene I saw in real life.

There are five towns in CINQUE Terra best accessed through footpaths. Monterosso, Vernazza, Corniglia, Manarola and Rio Maggiore.

We hiked (1.5 hilly hours) from Vernazza to Corniglia

Had to walk up ~4 flights of steep steps to get to our hotel, La Casa di Andrea


Enjoyed wine in our garden everyday, what a view!

 breakfast on the terrace 

Son #2’s apt was just down the steps

We could see my brothers hotel Degli Amici from our terrace

As a matter of fact, look closely bottom right he is waving to us-how we laughed!


Celebrated their 28 wedding anniversary at Restaurant Belfort! What a view, quick get the sunset 
Anyone that knows the Tsangs knows we love linguini with white clam sauce


Memorable picnic on Brother’s garden area with a view of Clocktower and sea


We were hot and bothered and stumbled into a restaurant with no air-conditioning but happen to get our own private room inside

On the last day I climbed to the top of these steps to visit the Abbey convent and historical cemetery. All of these are the images in my mind I will never forget. Most of all I will not forget the memories with my family





















No comments: