Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Japan from Your POV

Guest Contributer - Jake

We recently took a trip to Japan and by trip I mean an ADVENTURE. The wonderful country of Japan blew our expectations in so many ways. The culture there is very orderly and clean. The landscape sprawls with beautiful mountains, impressive shrines, and buildings that resembles sculptures. You begin to wonder how loyal you are to your own country as it feels like a nicer home. I had the opportunity to go Go-Karting around the city in Mario theme costumes, watch gigantic human beings go at it in a sumo ring, tour the largest fish market in the world - Tsukiji, make our own delicate sushi, and honestly so much more.


The most memorable experience in Tokyo was our last meal. We had Kobe beef in a do it yourself grill restaurant. You could taste the famous fat marbleization that the breed of cow is known for. The workers added the extra touch with their amazing service. Super friendly and could crack a smile on anybodies face. The small restaurant is what the home feeling is all about. So much so, that we could go back tomorrow and feel like we never left.

Guest Contributer - Gary

My family had such a great time in Tokyo. From the marvelous food to the incredible sights, it was a dream vacation for any family. However, I was not invited. I had to stay home and continue to teach the youth of America. This is my story of their vacation.

I had many great responsibilities: take out the trash and recycling, get the mail and newspaper, and most importantly, water the plants. The first night I stayed at the house there was a tremendous thunderstorm. Lightning was flashing and thunder was booming. The foundations of the house were shaking and so was I. Luckily, I didn't lose power, I still had Wifi to get all the of great pictures they sent me from Tokyo.

Over the next few days, I would come back to perform my duties only to find that our great neighbors had done my jobs. I watered the plants like a professional gardener, although one died (sorry mom!). The highlight of my stay at the house was one delicious meal that I brought from a local burger joint called McDonald's. The burger was tasty and the fries crispy, hot, and perfectly salted. It was a great vacation for them and a better staycation for me.






No comments: