Sunday, October 1, 2017

The Oblivious Story

Lots to tell about the Tibet adventure but here is one of the more memorable stories.

A co-worker warned me that the bathrooms in Tibet are "beyond primitive".  OK, I'm prepared I thought.  On the first day of our long journey I made the mistake of drinking too much coffee at breakfast.  Finally, we stopped in the woods (5 Star toilet) and found a safe place behind the bushes.  Prepared with our toilet tissue and wipes there we went!

At the lunch restaurant the tour guide said the bathroom was no good and we'd wait til we got on the road.  Didn't enjoy lunch due to that.......waiting, waiting.

Finally we stopped and ran up a small hill behind some bushes.  Ah..........relief.  In the background I heard honking, which wasn't unusual, as cars and trucks passed each other. Honk, honk.  As I came down the hill I realized our van was blocking a truck (cement truck no less) who was honking me for a while [+ probably watching me pee].  Dumb tourist they must have been thinking.
I begin to run down, and the tour guide yells, don't run!  {due to altitude sickness, didn't want us to get dizzy and faint}

Oblivious and thankful--would have been too awkward/self conscious if I knew a cement truck crew were watching me.

BTW-here's the site of our first  natural bathroom break.

1 comment:

Killifish said...

Similar experience in Africa...